Our Atypical Technicians (also known as Casuals) assist in all areas of technical theatre including lighting, sound, and stage crew, and we encourage applicants both with specialisms and those who are multi-skilled.
- To actively contribute to the effective operation of the Production and Technical department’s work.
- To work across the stage, lighting, sound, and/or wardrobe departments, to include Get Ins, Fit Ups, Strikes, and Get Outs, and depending on experience duties such as operating lighting and sound desks, flying, dressing and stage management roles.
- To assist the Technical Manager with compliance in all relevant Health and Safety procedures and statutory regulations.
- To actively promote and understand the values and mission of the Learning Theatre, including delivering careers days, tours, and other aspects of the learning programme where appropriate.
- To provide the highest level of customer and audience care and service at all times.
- To drive company vehicles as required.
- To act always in the best interests of Derby Theatre, protecting intellectual property and confidential information at all times.
- To be responsible, when required, for the security of the building and equipment and as required, carry out Duty Technician roles.
- To assist the Technical team in keeping the workplace in a safe and tidy manner.
- To carry out any other duties as may reasonably be required from time to time, commensurate with the level of the post.
- We expect all Derby Theatre staff to work in a flexible manner to effectively deliver their role and in line with the policies, procedures and objectives of the company, including the Learning Theatre model, Equality and Diversity, and Sustainability.
This job description is intended as a guide to the nature of the work required of this position, it is neither wholly comprehensive nor restrictive and is subject to review.
How To Apply
1. Download an application form and equal opportunities monitoring form (these are combined in one document). You must fill in this form to apply as no CVs will be accepted.
2. If you want to answer the PERSONAL STATEMENT section as a video or audio file, please attach the files in an mp4 format, ensuring that they are no higher than 10MB or send via a we transfer link https://wetransfer.com/
3. If you can, please save the file as a PDF with your name in the file name.
4. Download the ‘Candidate Welcome Pack‘ to find out more about Derby Theatre and what you can expect as an employee.
5. Read our guide to ‘Applying for a job at Derby Theatre’ for information about the application process
6. Email your completed application form, or files and equal opportunities monitoring form to email@example.com
If you would like to discuss your application with the hiring manager, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
We aim to actively champion and celebrate diversity in all its forms. We are committed to equality of opportunity for all of those we work with and applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, caring responsibilities, disability, gender, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and sexual orientation.
We positively encourage disabled people, people of African or Caribbean heritage, South Asian heritage, East Asian heritage, West Asian heritage, Central Asian heritage, Southeast Asian heritage and people of Middle East and North African heritage and those who have experienced racism. By the term ‘those who have experienced racism’, we are referring to individuals who have experienced discrimination based on the colour of their skin, race and/or their culture.
We guarantee to interview any candidate with a disability who meets the essential criteria for the role.