MAIN TERMS & CONDITIONS OF SERVICE
Salary: £11.52 per hour
Hours: Part time, 20-28 hours per week, working from 8am Monday to Friday. Evenings, weekends and bank holiday by agreement, worked as overtime or TOIL.
TOIL and overtime are managed and paid in accordance with the UK Theatre / BECTU agreement and the Derby Theatre House Agreement.
Holiday: 28 days per annum, including public holidays, rising to 33 days over five years
Pension: Derby Theatre operates a contributory pension scheme provided by NEST
Probation: Appointment will be subject to satisfactory completion of a six-month probationary period.
Notice: One week during probationary period, one month thereafter.
Benefits: Complimentary or discounted tickets to selected shows (non-transferable and subject to availability), childcare vouchers scheme, free travel on University of Derby buses, Derbion discount app offering discounts at a wide range of stores.
Terms: In accordance with UK Theatre / BECTU and the Derby Theatre House Agreement.
Purpose of Post
You will be assisting the Operations and Access Manager with the day-to-day presentation of Derby Theatre, focusing on tasks and items that have an impact on customer experience. The role will involve day-to-day maintenance of fixtures, fittings and furniture.
You will be working front-of-house, in the auditorium and backstage.
You will make sure that the Derby Theatre building meets the needs of all its users as efficiently, safely, and cost-effectively as possible whilst ensuring compliance with relevant policies and procedures.
How To Apply
1. Download an application form and equal opportunities monitoring form (these are combined in one document). You must fill in this form to apply as no CVs will be accepted.
2. If you want to answer the PERSONAL STATEMENT section as a video or audio file, please attach the files in an mp4 format, ensuring that they are no higher than 10MB or send via a we transfer link https://wetransfer.com/
3. If you can, please save the file as a PDF with your name in the file name. – e.g. Your Name – Job Title – Application form
4. Download the ‘Candidate Welcome Pack’ to find out more about Derby Theatre and what you can expect as an employee.
5. Read our guide to ‘Applying for a job at Derby Theatre’ for information about the application process
6. Email your completed application form, or files and equal opportunities monitoring form to email@example.com
7. If you need any support with this application or wish to ask any questions, please contact Lauren Riley, Arts Administrator at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Closing Date: Mon 4 December, 2023
Interview Date: TBC
We aim to actively champion and celebrate diversity in all its forms. We are committed to equality of opportunity for all of those we work with and applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, caring responsibilities, disability, gender, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and sexual orientation. We positively encourage disabled people, people of African or Caribbean heritage, South Asian heritage, East Asian heritage, West Asian heritage, Central Asian heritage, Southeast Asian heritage and people of Middle East and North African heritage and those who have experienced racism. By the term ‘those who have experienced racism’, we are referring to individuals who have experienced discrimination based on the colour of their skin, race and/or their culture.
We guarantee to interview any candidate with a disability who meets the essential criteria for the role.