You said you needed a new start…
So this is it, Derby, an alternative history.
Elle disappeared, again. Her brother, Kay, has traced her to Derby. He discovers the hidden messages she’s left him around the city, like an Easter egg hunt or trail of breadcrumbs.
Elle’s been pretty creative with the truth, so grab your headphones and listen in to her unique take on the world around you.
The plays are immersive and immediate, transporting you inside the story. Each is unique to its location and invites you to experience a familiar route from a new perspective. Through narration and original music blended with the sights and sounds around you, Walk This Play ® takes you on a journey of imagination and discovery.
To enjoy the experience, simply download the Walk This Play ® app, plug in your headphones and press play!
- Please be aware, each slot has limited availability. – So, don’t waste any time in booking your tickets.
- Need Assistance? Click here to book ‘Guided Walks’
How Do I Experience Sorry, I Disappeared?
The App is optimised for the following operating systems: Android – version 6.0 or later / iOS version 12.0 or later.
In the Walk This Play® app, download the Sorry I Disappeared walk, available from 11 October. (Make sure you ‘download’ the walk while still connected to Wi-Fi, before you set off.)
- You will need headphones and a smart phone.
- The walk is outdoors, so wear clothes suitable for the weather.
- Keep your GPS and Wi-Fi enabled.
- Follow the instructions given by the narrator.
- The route is circular and will start and end at Derby Theatre.
- When you start the walk, you will see your current position as a blue dot on the map.
As this is an audio experience, D/deaf audiences can choose to use the in-app captions. Visually impaired audiences may need a walking companion for safety with crossing roads.
We are offer guided tours, however, the availability is rather limited. – To find out more and how to book please click here…
/“One can imagine a story like this set in every city in the country.”The Stage
/“A colourful walk in the company of strangers.”The Guardian
/“Brilliantly life-enhancing”The Scotsman
Sorry, I Disappeared by ThickSkin is offering a limited amount of scheduled walks with guidance for participants who may need additional assistance and/or support.
Find out more and ‘How To Book’.Find out more...