Box Office Opening Hours
Derby Theatre’s Box Office counter service is open to welcome visitors and customers at the following times to make bookings and enquiries in person and over the phone:
- Monday – Saturday: 10am – 4pm (and later on performance days)
- On Sundays and Bank Holidays: 90 minutes before a performance
Phone lines will be open until half an hour before the first evening performance.
Online booking is available 24/7.
You can select your preferred ticket delivery option when booking online: e-ticket or collect from Box Office.
- After booking events, you will be sent a confirmation of your booking and an e-ticket via email, so please make sure your theatre account contains an up-to-date email address.
- If your event is held at the theatre: simply show your e-ticket to a member of our team before entering the auditorium and they will scan the e-ticket directly from your phone.
- If your event is online: your e-ticket will contain any links or passwords you need to access the event.
- Your e-tickets are accessible from your theatre account at any time.
- If you are unable to be sent an e-ticket via email you may wish to collect your tickets from the Box Office. You can select this when choosing a ticket delivery option when booking online.
- Please arrive in plenty of time before the start of the show to collect your tickets.
- All types of card payment (except American Express)
- Theatre Tokens
- In the unfortunate event of a performance being cancelled, we will automatically offer you: to exchange tickets to another performance during the run (if available); theatre credit (to be used on a future production at Derby Theatre, valid for 12 months); a full refund (via the original payment method) or the option to donate, or part donate, to Derby Theatre.
- If you are unable to attend a performance for any reason, including Covid 19-related symptoms, we will happily exchange tickets to another performance during the run (if available, at a charge of £1 per ticket – with any price difference, additional payment may be required, or if the ticket price performance you would like to change to is less, the difference will be returned to theatre credit. We are unfortunately unable to offer refunds.
Derby Theatre welcomes groups of all sizes. To ensure an enjoyable, affordable and hassle-free visit, we offer the following to groups of 10 or more:
- Special discounts on selected shows
- Reserve now, pay later. Secure your booking, by making an unpaid reservation whilst you discuss and finalise plans with your group. We will send you booking reminders and final numbers nearer to the time, with full payment required one month before the performance date (or one week before if a booking is made within a month of the show).
- Familiarisation Visit: if you would like to come and see us in advance of your visit, to familiarise yourself with the Theatre, spaces and facilities, please get in touch.
- Space Hire: we can offer our Community Hub in the upper foyer for you and your group to meet pre and post-show.
For more information about discounts, reservations, familiarisation visits, and space hire for groups, please email DerbyTheatreGroups@derby.ac.uk
Derby Theatre warmly welcomes schools and we offer a flexible booking process and special offers.
Special discounts on selected shows
Tickets from only £10.00 with every eleventh ticket free.
Reserve Now, Pay Later
Secure your booking, by making an unpaid reservation whilst you discuss and finalise plans with your school. We will send you booking reminders and final numbers nearer to the time, with full payment required one month before the performance date (or one week before if a booking is made within a month of the show).
Payment Methods for Schools
– Credit Card
– Via invoice (BACS payment)
If you would like to come and see us in advance of your visit, to familiarise yourself with the Theatre, spaces and facilities, please get in touch.
Don’t forget to check out opportunities to add value to your visit via our Learning programme
For more information about prices, reservations and familiarisation visits for schools, please email DerbyTheatreGroups@derby.ac.uk
To view shows with Schools discounts please use the Offers filter when searching in the What’s On listings.
Friend members of Derby Theatre can enjoy discounts of up to 50% off on selected shows.
To view shows with Friends discounts please use the Offers filter when searching in the What’s On listings.
To find out more about memberships and how to join please visit our Become A Friend page.
For Membership Enquiries please email: DerbyTheatreFriends@derby.ac.uk