On Saturday 9 September, group auditions will be held for young people who are interested in appearing in the production, which will run in the Main House at Derby Theatre from Friday 24 November until Sunday 31 December, 2023.
For those young people who are successful in securing an audition slot, they will take part in a range of drama exercises and games and be asked to sing in a group. Previous experience in performing is not essential.
Please wear comfortable clothes and footwear and bring along a bottle of water for refreshment. We are looking for three teams of six young actors, aged between 9 and 16 to play a range of roles. Each team will perform on different dates during the run.
HOW TO BOOK AN AUDITION SLOT
- Audition slots will be available to book online HERE from 12pm on Wednesday 23 August or by calling the Derby Theatre Box Office on 01332 593939. PLEASE NOTE: interest in audition opportunities is always very high.
- Please carefully read KEY INFORMATION and REHEARSALS and KEY DATES information below.
- Auditions will be held on Saturday 9 September from 10am.
- On booking a slot, you will then be sent a form (by our Arts Administrator, Steph); to be completed by you and returned to Steph within 48 hours of receiving the form. Your place will NOT be confirmed until Steph has received your completed form and we have confirmed this back with you. Failure to complete and submit the form within the allocated time will result in you losing your slot. The application form will be sent to anyone who follows the official booking process (and providing a slot is available). Please make sure to use an email address that you can access when booking your place, as this is where your young person’s application will be sent.
- For those wishing to audition, who are at the younger and older ends of the scale (i.e. not yet 9 or still 16), as long as you are 9 by the time rehearsals start (on Monday 23 October), or are still 16 by Sunday 31 December, you are still permitted to audition.
REHEARSALS and KEY DATES
For those who are offered a place as part of the audition process, the main rehearsals, with the professional company of actors, will start during week commencing Monday 23 October, and each team of young actors will be required to rehearse three times a week (Tuesdays & Thursdays from 6pm until 8pm and Saturdays from 10am until 1pm). Additional rehearsals may take place as the production nears to opening. All young company members will need to be available throughout tech week (w/c Mon 20 November) and for the whole run of the show, from Friday 24 November until Sunday 31 December. (We will support with performance licences for the young company)
If you are unsuccessful in securing an audition slot, but interested in being added to our waiting list. – Please email our Box Office team, at: DerbyTheatreTickets@derby.ac.uk or call on 01332 593939.
IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS
Please email Stephanie Andrews, Arts Admin Officer, at: email@example.com
More information about Cinderella
A striking new version of the classic story perfect for all ages this Christmas.
Come and join us this Christmas for a thrilling theatrical adventure amidst the Derbyshire countryside in the company of our feisty heroine, Cinderella.
Cinderella is a spirited young girl with strong values who despairs of her step-mother and step-sister’s money-wasting ways, but feels optimistic and inspired by a whole new world emerging around her.
As midnight approaches, and time ticks on, will Cinderella find the truth she is seeking and will the slipper fit.
Inspired by the classic fairy-tale, this sparkling new version by Annie Siddons promises a unique and utterly uplifting production full of heart, joy and laughter all interwoven with original live music and song performed by a wonderful company of actor-musicians.
Cinderella promises to deliver a delightful show where daring to dream sits at the heart of this fantastic festive production ideal for the whole family to enjoy together.