Do you want to know how to run an arts venue?
Have you ever wanted to know how to schedule, organise and host an event?
Or maybe you want to learn more about the technical side of a performance and how to use sound and lighting equipment?
Alongside our new steering groups, we are creating a free volunteering and training program with help from our 10 partners across the city and the UK.
In this program, you will help us set up 3 community hubs across Derby and we will equip you with all the skills needed to run your own events within those hubs.
Who is it for?
This programme is aimed at everyone over the age of 18. No previous experience is needed, just a willing to learn.
We want to invest in the people of Derby and are looking for enthusiastic, positive and driven people to take part and learn from industry professionals.
Everyone and anyone is welcome, this is for you, yes you! Let us know what you want to learn and we’ll make it happen.
How do I get involved?
All opportunities are FREE, with all costs to attend included.
To register your interest or find out more, download and complete the application form below and send it to Stephanie Andrews at email@example.com.
Please let us know if you have any access needs and we can make suitable arrangements.
Want to take part?Get In Touch
Meet the Team
During the volunteering training programme we will help you:
- Learn all the skills you need to help you run events in your community hub
- Learn other skills which can transfer to your day-to-day life
- Build your CV
- Give you experience in the arts and cultural world if that is where you would like to be.
We will be by your side every step of the way to make running your own events possible.
We need your help and knowledge of Derby and your communities, so we can:
- Set up the community hubs with the people of Derby at the heart of the work that comes in..
- For you to be in control of the decisions.
- Represent your community by creating art and cultural events you want to see happening in your area.
Examples of opportunities available:
- A look at the technical kit that is used for lighting, sound, projection (It’s not as scary as we thought!) with QUAD
- How to build a projection screen, using kit including a lighting desk and PA sound system.
- We will help you put on your first event! After this 2 hour workshop session, you will produce, organise and sell tickets for a cinema screening at Normanton Library.
- A chance to go to Timber festival for free!
- One-on-one mentoring and chat with Wild Rumpus about Timber Festival, tailored to you and to the areas of creating events you want to know about. If it is sound, lighting, programming, managing, or staging, Wild Rumpus will pair you with an experienced person who is delivering on that part of the festival.
Please fill out the application form to give us an idea of other opportunities you would like to participate in.